|Version 36 (modified by aep, 2 years ago)|
The first free and open source voice content management system (vCMS). The low cost audio information bridge.
Freedom Fone is a voice content management system that makes possible the convergence of telephony services with the Web. Thanks to Freedom Fone, Callers can leave audio messages or listen to content navigating IVRs. Using the graphical interface, Administrators can send and receive audio content from the most common telephony channels, including GSM, VoIP and Skype.
After working several years with telephony systems for civil society and media organizations, we discovered that there was not an open source integrated system able to do what Freedom Fone can do now. Rather than presenting millions of options to set up a telephony system, we have invested our energy to build a few but very powerful telephony applications that can be used with a great degree of flexibility. We have put special emphasis in the user interface and lowering the cost of interfacing with the GSM network.
The system has been localized to English, French, Spanish and Swahili and extensive documentation is available for the end users and developers.
Dashboard with incoming voice and SMS messages
Monitoring of incoming calls and simple configuration of voice services
The core development team of Freedom Fone is IT46, a Swedish consultancy company delivering free and open solutions in developing regions since 2004.
Freedom Fone code development has been possible thanks to the support of Kubatana, a civil society NGO in Zimbabwe. More information about Freedom Fone including deployments and case studies can be found on the project website Freedom Fone.
Freedom Fone has been built and deployed in a low power appliance as a stand-alone system and connected to the Internet.
More videos in the Freedom Fone Youtube Channel
Alberto Escudero-Pascual aka aep (backend and system integration)
Louise Berthilson (frontend)
Giovanni Maruzzelli (gsmopen)
Areski Belaid (newfies dialer)
Emanuel Feruzi, Martin Benjamin (Swahili)
Nico Gnecchi (Spanish)
You can reach the developer team at: lab @ freedomfone . o r g
- 2012-2-3 We have upgraded our public development platform and we run now four servers: archive (binary repository), lab (subversion and trac), demo (demo website) and wim (ip configuration service)
Freedom Fone is built combining the power of several open source projects that include: FreeSWITCH, Spidermonkey, PHP5, Cake PHP and JQuery. Freedom Fone uses Cepstral, a text-to-speech voice engine to synthesize voice messages.
- VoIP (SIP)
- Skype (appliance version only)
- Leave-a-message (LAM)
- IVR (single and nested)
- Polls via SMS
- Audio and Text-to-speech
- Multi-lingual support
- Localized (Swahili, English, Spanish, French)
- Mobigater (single GSM channel, AT GSM modem)
- 2N Office Route - Voice Blue (multiple GSM channels)
- SIP-based external gateway
Graphical User Interface
- MVC Framework
- Graphical User Interface with RBAC
Security and Privacy
- Role Based Access Control
- Encrypted Audio Storage
- Automatic Sweeping of personal identifiable information
Monitoring and Reporting
- Call data records
- Monitoring of user preferences in IVRs and audio content
- Automatic generation of reports
Freedom Fone is distributed both as instable ISO and a build system based on Ubuntu 10.04 LTS. Freedom Fone can be obtained as an appliance. Our public releases are named after the African Wilddog known as 'Lycaon Pictus'. Every major release takes the name from a Subspecies.
The name of our five major releases are:
End of Life
- Lycaon Pictus 1.0 (end-of-life 2010)
- Lycaon Lupinus 1.6.5 (end-of-life 2010)
- Lycaon Sekowei 2.0.3 (long-term-support LTS)
- Lycaon Manguensis 2.S.2 (security edition + API)
- Lycaon Suyo 2.D (dialer edition)
Archive and software repositoryhttp://archive.freedomfone.org/ http://archive.freedomfone.org/installer/
Full checkout of the code:svn co http://lab.freedomfone.org/svn/freedomfone freedomfone
Branches and TagsSecurity Edition (tag: 2.S.2 branch: 3.0) svn co http://lab.freedomfone.org/svn/freedomfone/branches/3.0/ Dialer Edition (tag: 2.D.1 trunk) svn co http://lab.freedomfone.org/svn/freedomfone/trunk/
(19.0 KB) - added by aep
2 years ago.
Freedom Fone Appliance
- manguensis_dashboard.png (32.6 KB) - added by aep 2 years ago.
- manguensis_dashboard2.png (60.0 KB) - added by aep 2 years ago.
- manguensis_dashboard3.png (50.0 KB) - added by aep 2 years ago.
- manguensis_dashboard4.png (30.7 KB) - added by aep 2 years ago.
- ff_components.png (135.7 KB) - added by aep 2 years ago.